Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can i install software without source code

Status
Not open for further replies.

reckless

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
fredz
if i can install softares like xmms mplayers in linux without source code or not tell me the procedure and details

Sure.
Basically there is binary packages, which means you just copy and run, available in addition to software source code.

can u tell me the site and where to put the copied one means in which folder
in details
thanx

You can hopefully get it from
h**p://www-1.ibm.com/servers/aix/products/aixos/linux/rpmgroups.html

The above link is for power PC ?
They are rpm,, so you need install it by "rpm -Uvh".

yes u can install
these are rpm packages
if ur using mandrake then u have option where u can choose (with administration rights) and install these packages

first you download the rpm package suitable one which supports your processor like 386 package supported b most of them or X86 recent processors you can get the packages for a specific distribution from various RPM sites then you can install it very simple by rpm installation command

rpm XMMS.386.rpm -i

In your command prompt
If you get any error message it will be due to library missing or improper version of package. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.