Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can i connect my video card output to the antenna tv input?

Status
Not open for further replies.

THE_CONTE

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
2 different outputs from 1 video card

Hi!
what i'd really like to do is to connect my pc-video card output(matrox) to the antenna input of my tv,in this manner i'd like to watch 2 movies in 2 differents tv frequencies.
Do u think this is possible to realize?

Where hould i begin to build this project?
thanks for the answers :)

how to connect the video card to a normal tv

Yes, it's possible... but why would you do this :?:

videocard composit input output

because it's something i'd really like to do for myself and for my family.
My dream is to have 9 different movies for 9 differents tv frequencies but i think it's better to start with just 2,then we will see.
:)
how can i start?

p.s:when i speak about movies for differents frequency i mean movies sent by the pc tv-out.

video card antenna

You need a video modulator

output file to tv card

Are you talking about the vga output or the composite output?

VGA output cannot be directly connected to an ordinary tv. It should be converted to composite video signal first.

I guess your talking about the picture in picture feature of most modern TV.

To mix composite video signal you must first convert bit to rf signal then mix it with the existing one. Not only it is hard to do, I think its costly as well.

video card with antenna out

i am talinkg about composite output,for each frequency a movie.
With a video modulator i think it's a good option when u want for every input a different kind of source.

I upload an image,hope u understand better
67_1171469302.jpg

video card antena out

Sorry, If I bother you but I am not sure I understand: Does your PC has a video out or just the normal D-SUB connector? If you have a video out, then I guess it is quite easy to configure the video card in dual mode and PC monitor for PC and TV for video card video out.
If there is no video out, you need a relevant interface.
D.

Re: can i connect my video card output to the antenna tv inp

THE_CONTE said:
i am talinkg about composite output,for each frequency a movie.
With a video modulator i think it's a good option when u want for every input a different kind of source.

I upload an image,hope u understand better
67_1171469302.jpg

You can do that, with 3 (three) separate VGA cards inside your computer. Though I really have no idea whether such setup is possible. Maybe with newer motherboard that has PCI-E slots...

Last edited by a moderator:

Re: can i connect my video card output to the antenna tv inp

First determine output of your VGA card
S-Video
Composite
etc

my video card is a matrox g550,i suppose it's a composite video out(yellow jack)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back