Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can HFSS be run in windows emulators on Linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andryuha

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Is it possible to run HFSS (x64 with 64Gb RAM) in a Windows environment emulator on Linux? (not to be mistaken with virtual machine and legit windows setup)

I've heard that even MS Office 2000 could be run, but not sure about resource/OGL-hungry software like HFSS...

Why? Windows Home Pro is limited in RAM, but Linux is free with no limits. And Linux much more RAM-efficient. The problem is that HFSS 11 for linux is not stabile and I just can' fund it for download. So I want to try Windows version on linux

I've tried and had successfully run installation and Windows 3D shell with "patched" version under Wine in Ubuntu 10.
But stilll I don't know how to set Wine up for correct display of menus and worker run. Sometimes menu positions are visible, sometimes they are blank.
I used "patched" because unpatched it somehow can't access license server in our network. :-( I don't know why, but this is essential - experiments with linux are OK, but we would prefer to publish official results acquired by legal means.
Anyway, eigenmode worker starts and crashes with disk write errors (I think this is the matter of ACLs)
So, i don't understand, does it work in x86, or in x64 mode with 2Gb, or with more accessible RAM...

Can somebody help me with Wine tune up for HFSS?
(I am not native to Lunux, so don't understand many things)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back