Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can help me USB for microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

carrier

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to connect to usb port via 8051 uC or AVR series.
plz guidance me.
thanks

Hi. You can use Silicon Laboratories USB to UART bridge CP210X, no external component need it.

\http://www2.silabs.com/tgwWebApp/appmanager/tgw/tgwHome;jsessionid=CLlzSYSpGGJJ3ndXMhsjb7thd9LGy1xw7zfNp8Gk6HV3mdzYywTp!1637139011?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=GenericContentPage&contentObjectId=/public/web_content/products/Microcontrollers/Interface/en/interface.htm

Best Regards.

Hi,
Depending on what you want to do, you have a few options as mentioned here.

First of all, you need to say, what is the maximum speed of communication you want to achieve? Is 115kbaud enough for you? Then you can go ahead and use the FTDI 232->USB conveter. If you are looking for a slower speed, then you can have the SiLab IC (I think their max speed is 19200, but may be wrong).

If you are looking for faster communication than that, you have a choice of using a parallell IC line FTDIs 245 chip or a other devices such as thosefrom TI or Philips.

The easiest way to connect USB to a u-controller is a RS232 to USB, you handle USB as UART on both sides and your life is much easier. The other solutions are slightly more difficult and need special programs/protocoles.

BR,
/Farhad

for direct link USB with AVR look at hxxp://www.cesko.host.sk

Igor Plug USB-RS232 Converter with AVR AT90S2313

http://www.cesko.host.sk/IgorPlugUSB_RS232/IgorPlug-USB%20(AVR)%20RS232_eng.htm?PHPSESSID=83a1a9a4f2a3bab1250550753c7f5b24

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

farhada said:
Hi,

If you are looking for a slower speed, then you can have the SiLab IC (I think their max speed is 19200, but may be wrong).

BR,
/Farhad

Yes, very wrong. The Silabs CP2101 is good for > 900k baud. The FTDI232BM is good for 3M baud.

The AVR based USB convertor is good for only 800 bytes/second even if the baud rate is much higher. Low speed USB provides only 8 bytes per 10mS if you use it correctly. There are some ways around this but they are not recommended.

Regards,

Jim Robertson
NEWFOUND ELECTRONICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back