Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can hall sensor acts as DC voltage source

Status
Not open for further replies.

vamsee

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi i am using hall sensor which gives the voltage as output. Now my question is, whether this sensor acts as DC voltage source?

You mean you want to be able to use it to generate power ? Like a 'free-energy' source ?

I suppose it conceivably could be, though i have never come across such an application. Possibly because the voltage/ emf is way too small, or some similar limitation.

You mean you want to be able to use it to generate power ? Like a 'free-energy' source ?

I suppose it conceivably could be, though i have never come across such an application. Possibly because the voltage/ emf is way too small, or some similar limitation.

I am sorry for my poor knowledge. Unbenannt.PNG
**broken link removed**
pls refer pg B-49

here they explained connections of various sensors to my DAQ. In the page B-49, they said abt DC voltage sources.. My sensor is Honeywell hall sensor SS495A1 4.5 - 10.5 V/DC SIP.. So can I use this connection methodlogy to connect my sensor.. pls help me out..

thanx in advance

Related to the DAQ manual, it's not a voltage source. You need to connect a supply voltage to get a sensor output. I'm sure, the DAQ system provides a connection option for similar sensors. A potentiometric sensor input would e.g. fit perfectly.

I think you're making your life hard by posting a new hall sensor related thread every few days.

Reactions: vamsee

vamsee

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
As I am beginner in electronics, everything seems to be harder, anyways i am trying though. thanks for the reply FvM.

gf.PNG

Pls tell me how i can connect my hall sensor in this..

I presume,
pin 8 for hall sensor output pin
pin 13 for V+
pin 12 for V-

pls help me out..

thanq

I presume,
pin 8 for hall sensor output pin
pin 13 for V+
pin 12 for V-
This should work, if the V+ to V- voltage difference doesn't exceed 10V.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back