Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

can gsm modem make a call?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pratti

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i want to do home automation.i want to make a system which can make call to user in case of emergency like fire.and the voice to be used in the call should be stored in the micrcontroller.how can this be possible by gsm modem?how to proceed to achive this concept.

You can use a micro, SIM900 and APR33A3-C2 to do the project. 8 voice messages can be stored in APR33A3-C2 and can be played by activating using micro.

You can make call with gsm modem.
the voice to be used in the call should be stored in the micrcontroller
You can't store voice in microcontroller, but there are chips which can store and play voice.

what kind of chip should i use please suggest me.

i want to make call through gsm modem and when the receiver receives the call then play the recorded voice like"fire fire fire".so how to make this system possible through calling in mobile phone?

As I already mentioned it can be done using MCU, SIM900 and APR33A3-C2 IC. APR33A3-C2 can store 8 voice messages and it can be played using micro. It can also be connected to SIM900 GPIOs and controlled by sending GPIO control commands from MCU to SIM900. I can write the code for it. You can contact me regarding the project at internetuser2k11(at)gmail(dot)com

i see the datasheet of APR33A3-C2 but i get confused how to make connection with SIM900.can u simple say me about its circuit diagram.

In the datasheet of APR33A3-C2 it shows trigger pins connected to buttons. Instead of connecting to buttons, connect it to MCU digital output pins or to SIM900 GPIO pins. If SIM900 is used to trigger the messages then you need to send GPIO control AT commands from MCU to SIM900 using UART.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back