Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can flash memory be used as a data memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

deepu_ttc

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
helloy guys ,This may be silly question ut its verp imp to me .does flash memory canbe used as data memory ( my task is to write data into flash and read back when master sends command ) if we can use then what is position of EA pin in 8051 does it connected to gnd or to Vcc.
thanks
pradeep

Re: flash memory

Yes some micro controllers can do it
I know that some of the Microchip 18FXXX family (18fxx2) can write data to the flash program memory on the fly
But not all of them

Re: flash memory

"Flash" refers to the manufacture process. It is non-volatile, so data will be retained with no power. It reads as fast as RAM, but writing is slower and the number of rewrites is limited (usually 1,000,000), and may require a different supply voltage for write/erase cycles. Most uCs that can rewrite their own flash have the power control built in.

Status
Not open for further replies.