Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can anyone tell me how does ADC works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leongch

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how does adc

Hi,
May i knw hw ADC works? what is the usage of the Vref? if 8 bits resolution mean? if i hv an Vref of 2.5V... n d voltage value i would like to measure is 0.5v n 5V ... what will be the digital ouput from the ADC ? thx

ADC converts analog voltage between the vref+ and vref- to digital. vref+ is the max value and vref- is min value. Your signal should be between them. If your Vref- is 2.5V and vref+ is 5V then you can convert signals which are between 2.5 and 5V. The resolution with an 8 bit adc is then (5-2.5)/2^8 =~9.77mV.

This is the simple and general form of the adc. There may be other configurations which accepts negative inputs or gives negative outputs etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back