Not open for further replies.

bobcat1

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

For a new project I need to use a uC + lcd (50 segment driver min)
an 3 ch ADC converter (8 bit and up on board the uC) + 3 timer's

Price under 5$ @1000

Can any one recomend me for one ?

Best regards

Bobi :?:

Re: Can anyone recomend me for a uC + lcd +adc under 5$ @10

HI BOBCAT

At the beginnng of this year i did a design very close of your current needs .. I used a MSP430F413 cpu i goes for less than $3 in 1K pieces .
also i used a lumex LCD see www.lumex.com . they had a LCD display for $0.4 in 1k quantities .. they also can make the LCD according to your specs . but there is a one time mask fee (is not much)
Anyways i manage to buy LCD + CPU for almost $3.
If you don't require a very precise ADC the MSF430F allows it ,By using a built in comparatorsa and the timer is possible to mesure RESISTANCE,VOLTAGE and CURRENT is tricky BUT POSSIBLE !
See their app NOTES and examples ..
Otherwise in the same family of chips you can get another CPU with a real ADC converter. The MSP430F413 has LCD drivers for your needs

Regards

I have seen some OKI controllers in kitchen scales that are 4-bit, have ADC and LCD I/F. I am not sure they have any OTP's for this part.

If you can separate the 2 functions, LCD and uC, you can have a solution for a lot lesser. Many micros with ADC's cost anound $1.5 and LCD controllers should cost even lesser. So you can have a solution at $2.5

Status
Not open for further replies.