Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can Ansoft Designer 1.0 simulate 3D EM field circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jupitorcuu

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Ansoft_designer 1.0

Can ansoft deisigner 1.0 simulate 3D EM field circuit? or just can simulate 2D EM field.

Re: Ansoft_designer 1.0

It is actually a 2.5D field sovler. This means that you can have a stackup with many planar structures (multi-layered) as well as Via holes connecting them together.

I heard that you can define a vertical plate going through the layers (such as in a PIFA) but never tried or seen an example like this...

hope this helps.
mogwai.

Ansoft_designer 1.0

in designer 1.1 and HFSS 9.1 they can co-simmulate.

i agree with u , designer 1.1 and hf$$ 9.1 can cosimulate , so u can include 3d electromagnitic structures in ansoft designer , which will call HF$$ to simulate them

Cosimulate? Really?
it's wonderful if it is true. I am using ADS, but i want to use a 3D simulator.

djxwolf said:
Cosimulate? Really?
it's wonderful if it is true. I am using @DS, but i want to use a 3D simulator.

Hi
Ansoft Designer 1.1 is a good tool for simulate system which contain circuit ,planar EM and antenna.it can transfer HFSS 9.0 or 9.1 to cosimulate.

Ansoft_designer 1.0

IT IS TRUE,BUT SLOW.

An*oft_de*igner 1.1

does anybody have an example of a co-simulated structure in designer 1.1/HFSS 9.1? I hav not much about this on the ans* webpage...

aw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back