Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can ADS HB simulation mix S-params and OpA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony_lth

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, Gurus,
I am not familiar with ADS HB simulation.
As attachment, in my HB simulations, I used a balun, T1-6T-KK81, with its S-params, and used an OpA, with its Time domain setting.
Although the simulation is done, I wonder if it is right to mix S-Params and time domain setting? And wonder ADS can calculate the gain right or not? The gain is in power or in voltage?
The gain expression is in another thread I posted.
Sorry in two posts because I later wonder the calculation method.
Best,
Tony Liu

Attachments

• V_Gain_1.JPG
    V_Gain_1.JPG
    182 KB · Views: 93

Your OpAmps have been defined as Behavioral so you can use them in any Transient,HB or Small-Signal simulations.Since the Load Impedance is not defined, ADS will calculate the Gain as Open Circuit Voltage Gain.
But if you connect a Load, you can also find Power Gain, Current Gain etc.. with Source resistance
Don't drive a circuit with a ideal voltage source if you would find Power Gain.It's undefined..

tony_lth

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back