Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Camera Board problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoDi

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I recently got this camera sensor

It is a 1/3" NVP 2421 CMOS + Panasonic 34227 DSP. I have bought sensors like this one in the past and I never had any problems but with this one I get this weird digital noise with either the SDI or the composite signal. I can still navigate through the menu, I have reset the settings switched between PAL to NTSC but it stays the same.

IMG_5189.JPGIMG_5216.JPGIMG_5217.JPGIMG_5218.JPG

The store is not being of much help, they only offer partial refund so I am hoping that maybe I could fix it.

Any idea on what that would be?

Thank you so much!

- - - Updated - - -

More pictures:

IMG_5220.JPGIMG_5219.JPG

Unfortunately, if it has the pattern in the SDI stream it means it is coming from the CCD or something near to it in the circuit. There is remote possibility it is noise on the supply line but that would tend to show more on the composite output than the SDI output. You really need a schematic and a good oscilloscope to investigate this fault but don't get your hopes up, if it's the CCD or one of the LSI devices it may be impossible to get replacements and/or solder them.

Brian.

Thanks Brian,

I sent it back, I figured it would be very difficult for me to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back