Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Calibre Authorisation Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenambo

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all

The environment variable MGLS_LICENSE_FILE is set to point the license file.

When i invoke clibre window i am getting the error calibre not authorized.

I dont get what the problem is...
Can anyone spot what the problem is...

thanks

More details would help. What version, both of Calibre and the license software? (Every so often Calibre updates its required FlexLM version.) You say when you invoke the Calibre window... does that mean batch runs run okay? How are you invoking the Calibre window, for that matter? If it is from within another tool, perhaps that tool's license server path is being used instead.

If you are having trouble even invoking Calibre from the command line (and you have administrator privileges), try setting the environment variable MGLS_DEBUG_LOG_DIR to a directory you create. It is not set by default as it slows down everything using the license server, but it will create log files listing the search path for licenses, the specific errors, and the process which have the errors. For more details, see the "Licensing Mentor Graphics Software" PDF (mgc_licen.pdf).

no batch runs are also got error. Calibre version 2013.1 and how to check the license version.

ok i will try with MGLS_DEBUG_LOG_DIR

thanks

Hi

I did what you said like setting MGLS_DEBUG_LOG_DIR and it doesn't need root access. I found this from my Log report..
that is,

FLEXnet error..
Error Number -5
Error message : No such Feature exists.
Feature : calinteractive.

Do you know what kind of error is this?

thanks

Hi - You mentioned batch runs also get an error, but were able to get the license debug feature to work (which means at least FlexLM is running). I'd recommend contacting Mentor Graphics Support; they are pretty expert with licensing issues and can help you real time.

Good luck.

thanks for the comments. I think my system is not included in the license configuration. It is working on another server.

Do you know how to add my server/system in that license config.

thanks

I do not believe Calibre uses machine-specific licensing. It is on a per-site basis, if I recall correctly. However, it has been many years since the last time I had to set up licensing. (At the time it turned out the problem was my office had building-specific license servers because of how many people were running the tools. I'd switched buildings but no one had told me to update the license server.) Your fastest way to resolve this would be to talk to customer support.

Hi..

I will check that.. and thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back