Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calculating the electrical flux generated by a wire intecon

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbon9

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

How can I calculate the electrical flux generated by a silicon interconnect wire provided that I know the 3-D charge distribution (rho(r)) in a 3-D wire interconnect as shown below?

I'll use flux to calculate the parasitc inductance L=d(flux)/d(I))

28k11k3.jpg

Regards,

Re: Calculating the electrical flux generated by a wire inte

carbon9 said:
How can I calculate the electrical flux generated by a silicon interconnect wire provided that I know the 3-D charge distribution (rho(r)) in a 3-D wire interconnect as shown below?

I'll use flux to calculate the parasitc inductance L=d(flux)/d(I))
In your above equation, the numerator term "d(flux)" is the magnetic flux, not the electrical flux!
erikl

How stupid i am!:))

L=magnetic flux/current, right. So, how can I calculate the magnetic flux from charge density rho(r)? Note that I do not have any time dependent variables. I only have time independent rho(r), Veff(r) and I.

Regards and thanks Erikl.

carbon9 said:
So, how can I calculate the magnetic flux from charge density rho(r)? Note that I do not have any time dependent variables. I only have time independent rho(r), Veff(r) and I.

Regards and thanks Erikl.

I think this is not the right method to calculate L. In order to calculate L via
L = d(mag.flux)/dI or from L = -Ui / (dI/dt) you need to consider self-induction behaviour, and this is not possible without time-dependency. If you need L to be calculated from static values, you must calculate it from pure physical (geometric and material-dependent) values. And then charge density is of no use.

Cheers, erikl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back