Not open for further replies.

DimaKilani

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Dear all,

I have designed a minimum inverter size in 65nm CMOS (W/L=150nm/60nm). I want to calculate the current consumption and leakage of the inverter.

I have two cases as below:

Case#1 (calculating total current): the input of the inverter is a normal clock (from 0V to Vdd). I measure the current from the supply. I_total=4.4pA

Case#2 (calculating the leakage): when Vin=0, PMOS is on and NMOS is off so it is leaking and I_leak_nmos= 5.33pA. On the other hand when Vin=Vdd, PMOS is off and NMOS is on so that PMOS is leaking and I_leak_pmos=3.35pA

Now the problem here is that the I_total < I_leak_nmos + I_leak_pmos. I know it is not logical since I_total= I_leak_pmos + I_leak_nmos + I_transition

In addition, I noticed that I_total= (I_leak_pmos + I_leak_nmos)/2. Is there something wrong?!

Please help. Thanks in advance.

How you are measuring I_total ?

Usually, Inverter's power consumption is evaluated as an average current consumption from supply. And the data is quoted along with input clock frequency.

Yes, this how I measure the current consumption by average it.

I found one solution which might be useful. Itotla= Iactive+Ileakage. I measured Itotal by taking the average current. Ileak is measured when the inverter is off. Then Iactive=Itotal-Ileakage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…