Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calculating resistor values

Status
Not open for further replies.

xmen_xwk

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have this schematic but I'm bit confuse about the resistor values.
mosfet.png

How do I make sure I'm using the correct values ?

The MOSFET is Si7157DP, Transistor is **broken link removed** and signal is 5V.

This will not work. You have to move the load under the transistor, or use p-channel mosfet with pull-up resistor to gate to perform closing it.

Circuit uses PMOS and thus will work.

Resistor values aren't particular critical, you can leave them as is. Base resistor value might be factor 10 higher without problems.

This will not work. You have to move the load under the transistor, or use p-channel mosfet with pull-up resistor to gate to perform closing it.

Why would it wont work ? There is a P Channel Mosfet with pulled up resistor. Moving load under the transistor makes no sense at all. The transistor is only for opening MOSFET, not for switching 2A load. Maybe I'm wrong but its better to point out the mistake than just saying wont work.

- - - Updated - - -

Circuit uses PMOS and thus will work.

Resistor values aren't particular critical, you can leave them as is. Base resistor value might be factor 10 higher without problems.
Alright but I put 1K just as a guess. Thank you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.