Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Calculating Bandwidth

Status
Not open for further replies.

peethol

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I want to calculate the bandwidth of a wireless link. The system runs at 76 Kilo baud, using either QPSK or BPSK.

I'm not sure how to do it, if there are parameters short to do the calculation please let me know.
Any help or references will be appreciated.

Thank you.

I don't know if this would help, but, try simulating a wave and plotting its power spectrum.

Else, i think there are some standard formulae available for calculating bandwidth. It will be in terms of bit duration.

Thank you but I need to use a formula to calculate it.
Anyone know what that formula(s) are?

Thank you but I need to use a formula to calculate it.
Anyone know what that formula(s) are?
QPSK's practical bandwidth efficiency is around 1.6 b/Hz/s, and each sybol represents 2 bits, so your BW is Baudrate times 1.6 devide by 2. Find bandwidth efficniency for each scheme.

You must specify the pulse shape, a rectangualr pulse differs from RRC, gaussian,..etc. You also need to define the BW (3-dB, Null-to-null, power confinment,...etc). If assume Null-to-null bandwidth for BPSK, then I think the bandwidth is the inverse of the symbol duration (or proportional to this), QPSK will have half of this BW.

Status
Not open for further replies.