Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cadence vs tanner L-edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a 20+ year user of Cadence tools...

If you really want to be an engineer in the dictionary meaning of the word, you need to "look under the hood" to appreciate the compromises that are being made on your behalf in exchange for the higher level of abstraction at which Cadence force you to work. To do any real leading edge design (particularly analogue, RF or the real high speed digital stuff) you need to be able to work at a lower level of abstraction than Cadence offers.

I'd like to hear others opinions on non-cadence tools based on real use on products in production and in particular how they have solved problems that the cadence tools don't/can't.

SimonH.

I don't know where you get this stuff. I've been using Cadence
since it was called SDA and ran on MassComp 68K machines.
In that time, most of my work has been transistor level and I
have done my own models, PCells / device libraries down to the
polygon level and a whole bunch of analog and interface product
designs. Now maybe one or two had some level of "abstraction"
but not a one got by without me doing a lot of lowest-level
design, layout and in a lot of cases infrastructure work.

If you're "forced" to be abstract, look to your local CAD
bureaucracy and their flock of "methodology" harpies. The
tools are there for bottom-up work and nobody but your
own people, perhaps, requires you not to use them.

Now a lot of the cheaper tools do not have the option to
work at "higher" levels of abstraction and you'd have to
bring in your own point tools and integrate them. But it
is certainly not the case that Cadence prevents you from
going at it however deep you like.

Do call Tanner tools , tools ? , poor extraction, poor digital/ mixed flow, pathetic schematic editor , good toy.

As far as I know, Mosis does not support the libraries for that fabrication!!! Does any body know if Mosis supply a tape out approved PDK for Tanner tool at all???
I am using Tanner tool and it became a big problem for me!
Can any body suggest me a package including the appropriate software, technology, PDK ... that let my school do the whole IC fabrication process?
Thanks,
Ali

Hi,

MOSIS does provide libraries in Tanner format.

Take a look at their website: http://www.tannereda.com/foundries

You can also contact them and ask from the support

As far as I know, Mosis does not support the libraries for that fabrication!!! Does any body know if Mosis supply a tape out approved PDK for Tanner tool at all???
I am using Tanner tool and it became a big problem for me!
Can any body suggest me a package including the appropriate software, technology, PDK ... that let my school do the whole IC fabrication process?
Thanks,
Ali

Can anyone let me know where do i get the .lib file for 350nm or lesser for tanner v13?

I am not sure if we can discuss a products comparison issue by the forum

Cadence is the best among all kind of simulators no doubt about that. generally i would say, any simulator support PSPIC or HSPICE is good to use.
for my work I am using Eldo spice from mentor Graphic which is rich of definition

Hello guys,

what about cadence-Orcad ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back