Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence virtuoso IC615 can not extract hspice netlist

Status
Not open for further replies.

tompham

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I have problem creating hspice netlist from Cadence ADE virtuoso 615. When I open ADE window --->simualtion-->Netlist--->Create. I can not click on any subtree under Netlist (Create, Display, Recreate) . If anyone has this problem before please show me how to solve it. I install cadence on ubuntu 12.04 and it works well until suddently crash today. I tried to install cadence again but still same problem

Thanks a lot

Ubuntu is one of the worst linux distribution, but ok.
Can You run HSpice from console? Have You proper paths in environment settings?

Hi Dominik Przyborowski
Thanks for reply my message. I think I have right paths in evironment setting because I can work before virtuoso crash. I try another way to create a hspice netlist using CDL export , the netlist is ok but need to modified and when i use this netlist to run simulation the output waveform show no node except vdd! and gnd!. Im going to debug this issue.
Do you think beside RedHat , any others free linux good for EDA software?

Thanks

Check on new directory for virtuoso or with another simulator if th problem exists.

I'm using debian for years and I never had any problem with cadence software especcialy since multiarch option is available. But other old good distributions like slack or gentoo should be also not bad.

Hi Dominik Przyborowski
Today , I install cadence ic615 and mmsim131 to Scientific Linux. I use SL a few months and it is stable. The process to install cadence on this OS is much easier than on ubuntu because I do not need to install many missing library. I also finish installing calibre and some synopsys software on it. I wish do not get suffer of OS crashing like ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.