Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence TSMC 0.35um, Differential amp design issue with MOS in Triode

Status
Not open for further replies.

gangnam_style

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I've working on a differential amp with current mirror loads.
The issue I'm facing is, I'm not able to get the load (PMOS) to saturation region. Tried varying the W/L and still the PMOS remains in Triode.
I've seen another 'not-so' normal thing w.r.t to the PMOS loads, when I do the DC operating point analysis using the Analog Design Environment, I see that Vgs>Vth, as well as Vds>Vgs-Vth, however the region is "1" (triode). Can anyone explain the reason behind this?(Vds=-54.24m , Vgs= 797.3m Vth=-746.7m)

Also, please suggest the efficient way to drive all the FET's into saturation.(W/L ratios)

I do not have any high gain requirement, I need around 40dB gain, with ICMR of 2V. I am using a current reference of 10uA.
I'm giving a differential input with 1.5V DC, and 1mV AC. (Correct me, if I need to vary this one as well)
Please see the attached picture for the schematic view.

I resolved this issue by modifying the circuit, as shown here
I need a gain of 40dB. However, my current gain is around 34dB.

Kindly suggest ideas to increase the gain, I tried reducing the current, by varying the W/L ratios, and reducing the input DC doesn't seem to increase the gain too much.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Hello sir
I have working on an op-amp ckt. but i haven't TSMC 0.35um file for simmulation ... so pls send me tsmc 0.35 um file.
e-mail:- amitvlsi09@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back