Status
Not open for further replies.

caddy

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there!

I am trying to use a Cadence function 'poParamCellNameMap' to custom my stream-out GDS file. I have checked the function's documentation, and it looks straight forward enough however I cannot get the function's arguments to work, specifically the 'id' arg which is documented as being the sub-master cell's cvid.

For example:
Code:
(procedure (poParamCellNameMap name id)
      (sprintf nil "%s_%s" name id~>libName)
)

The id~>libName is obviously returning a nil value and therefore causing the (sprintf) function to fail.

If I do the following
Code:
(procedure (poParamCellNameMap name id)
      (sprintf nil "%s_%s" name id)
)

My GDS file successfully streamed out and I can see the pcell variants have been named using the (sprintf) formatting above.

The opParamCellNameMap function is naming my pcell variant subcircuits to be 'name_id', but looking at the output above the 'id' arg is being automatically converted to a string value and the ':' of the cvid identifier is being changed to a underline '_'.

My expectation is that the 'id' arg can be used with my procedure to fetch db related objects such as libName, cellName etc, which I can then go on create a custom pcell variant name in the streamed out GDS.

Any ideas? Maybe Cadence has changes the function and I am not aware of the change....

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…