Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cadence questions regarding analogLib

Status
Not open for further replies.

nijMcnij

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
analoglib model file

Hi all,

i was asked to use a piece of #$% design kit (ami 1.5 um), the kit does not have schematic symbols or even layout primitives.

my question is follows,

i want to use the analogLib symbols in the schematic entry, so i have to include the ami model files in the "Model" field of devices from analogLib.

i tried that several times, but could not succeed, can anyone help on this matter.

analoglib include cadence

You can use ncsu-design kit,you may download and ues this one.
Besides ,analogLib is ready to use when you successfully install cadence.

cadence analoglib model

thank you lghhust

do you mean use ami process under ncsu kit or what exactly?

i know analoglib is ready for use immediately with cadence. what i meant is when u use any symbol for analogLib (for e.g a capacitor cap) and open the properties of that cap you will find a field called "Model".

can you use this field to link the cap symbol to a model file from another design kit?

thanks

cadence questions

Yes.that is only a symbol, it's parameter is determined by you process file,e.g. SIMC process file.

analoglib cadence

what you tring to do is very wrong analoglib does not need model files you use it eliments as it is if you to work with both analoglib and the kit you atach the kit when you create anew library analoglib is a library that is downloded with the cadence it has nothing to do with the kit form the foundry

Status
Not open for further replies.