Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence OrCAD Capture 16.2 Crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

decano

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
orcad 16.2 hotfix

We have been plagued by frequent crashes of Capture 16.2. Is anyone else having similar problems?

This occurs in sevaral separate installations in our company. All machines are running Windows XP Pro with SP3, all have Capture CIS 16.2 with the latest (002, May 2009) "hotfix." Each one of us experiences "a few" crashes a day.

The crashes occur most frequently when editing properties using the Browse Spreadsheet. But we've seen it happen when editing parts, and even just when moving things around on the schematic.

We've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Capture. We've tried renaming the capture.ini file and generating a new one. We've tried tossing the .opj file and opening the .dsn to regenerate a new .opj file. We've even tried tossing the entire design and starting from scratch -- and still see crashes.

BTW, while we have Capture CIS, we are only using it as a plain-old-vanilla Capture application. We are not using any CIS features at this time.

If anyone has any suggestions (particularly if you've found a "fix") then please let me know.

orcad 16.2

If you have a machine you can spare and if you still have a copy of xp only with sp2 try xp sp2 and orcad 16.2.

It might be a good idea to check with cadence if xp with sp3 is a supported platform and if there are any known problems.

orcad capture crash

It crashes for me a lot when I close the part manager, other than that, it isn't crashing much. It has always been a flaky program.
I am using Windows7.

Re: orcad capture crash

I ran into the same, or better say similar, problem. I had created a preatty neat company-library for capture and pcb-editor and of course we started new designs with it. Suddenly capture is crashing without any message.

I can place and move current parts of the desing but by placing new parts it crashes instantaneously. I tried to place parts from the given libraries that are provided by defaulf from cadence but it's following the same manner. The installation of the latest hotfix did not change anything in this behaviour.

If someone could give any ideas on this problem "that would be great" (Offics Space, 1999).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back