Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence IC5141 editor problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

wookah

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
centos-4.7 ic5141

Hi I am pretty new to Cadence Administration. We have encountered the following problems to which I found no suited solution yet.

Everytime I click right on any view in the Cadence Library Manager the Library Manager crashes with the following error message:

X Error of failed request BadWindow (invalid window parameter)
Major opcode of failed request: 38 (X_QueryPointer)
Resource id in failed request: 0x25
Serial number of failed request: 83739
Current serial number in output stream: 83739

It is posible to open any view by double clicking onto it but then it opens in read-only mode (not a big problem cause you can make it editable by clicking on Design - Make editable or press control + O). But now we want to use Verilog-A views and if you open them by doubleclicking they are read-only and there is no way to make them editable.

Open the Verilog-A views with control + O gives the following error message:
Vim: Warning: Output is not to a terminal
Vim: Warning: Input is not from a terminal

No clue...

I have attached the CDS.log file as a .pdf. There are some warnings and some errors (maybe helpful...)

I am grateful for any help.

Thanks in advance
Jan

read-only verilog editor cadence

What is your OS (Fedora, Suse....) and the version ?

I'm also working on the Cadence Administration at Jan's Institute.
Our OS is CentOS 4.7 (x86_64).

The problem seems to be solved. The Resolution was to use ssh -Y instead of ssh -X to log onto the cadence machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back