Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cadence IC5 running problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaf20

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ic5.exe

hi all
i installed ic5 and set env. var.but when i run icms.exe or icfb.exe this error appeared:
"error while loading shared libraries libcdsxmotif.so.2:can not open shared object file:no such file or directory"
any idea or comment?
tnx ahead

libcdsxmotif.so.2

does ur env include the lib path. most probably ur LD_LIBRARY_PATH does not point to the directory where the missing file is

cadence ciw missing file menu

dear nanako,i set all of env including lib path.
any comment?tnx

ld_library_path for assura

Does anyone have detail install note of installing .

thanks.

cadence ic5 ld_library_path

You can find the file you lost and copy to /bin path.

libcdsxmotif.so.2

a basic question:
how i can get that my license is working+full license for IC5 during IC5 installation?
tnx ahead

Do you have set "CDS_ROOT" and "CDS_INST_DIR" environment in your environment. Another issue is, you must run icms or icfb from $CDS_INST_DIR/tools/bin, the shell script will setup everything you need for you.
PS: you must create a symbol link "tools", if you run a linux version, make sure you have a symbol link like that tools->tools.lnx86

i set all of environment variable but my question is if my license is working and support all feature or not.how i get it?since i have only main window while running IC5 which have only file-tools in toolbar and there is not main tools like virtuso,assura,dracula or the other so how i can see thses tools and if my license is supporting these tools or not.
any help is highly apperciated
tnx in advance

vaf20 said:
i set all of environment variable but my question is if my license is working and support all feature or not.how i get it?since i have only main window while running IC5 which have only file-tools in toolbar and there is not main tools like virtuso,assura,dracula or the other so how i can see thses tools and if my license is supporting these tools or not.
any help is highly apperciated
tnx in advance

To check if your license is working, you should select "License ..." from "Options" menu in CIW window (the main window you just invoke). The working licenses will be displayed in "Available License" section. You can also check how many allowed users to use each feature by "Check Out" that feature first.

For your question, where are virtuso,assura,dracula? You should know that they are fully integrated to the system. When you create a new file, they will ask you what type do yoou want e.g. schematic, layout, verilog etc. Searching for many basic tutorials in the internet will help you know how to use this wonderful tool.

tnx 2 Amuro,we can see all of selected s/w during installation proccess so there was tools like dracula,spectre,virtuso,... and was installed.
BTW,what u mean these tools fully integrated in system while all of them is installed.do u mean i should link between these tools with ic5 or what?
again tnx

Dear vaf20,
please recall that IC5 is mainly developped on linux RH7.3, so if you are running later linux platforms it might not work properly, i tried myself RH8 and it is fine and with RH9 i got problem similar to yours.
regards,

dear godz,i encountered these problems on RH7.2 so i think there is no difference between RH7.2 and RH7.3 since include same system library.
BTW,is RH8 and RH7.2 or 7.3 same in glibc?
tnx

Status
Not open for further replies.