Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence IC5.0 version to IC50.33 upgrade - is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

illiviu

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Cadence upgrade

I have IC5.0 version. Is it possible to upgrade this version with ISR of IC50.33, or I need to have the base version of IC50.33 ?

Re: Cadence upgrade

The Cadence rule is that for each version you always need the Base version, and for update you need the LATEST [either ISR, QSR, etc...]

If you install over the previous version (base), you do not need the base CD for installation.
If want to install the ISR/QSR on a new directory, then you will need the base CD (IC5.0).

Cheers.

Yes , I have version 5.001, I think is the first version. So, is it possible to upgrade only with ISR 5.033 ? Of course, in the same hierarchy.

No.
EACH version [5.001, 5.033, etc] needs its Base.

To be more specific:
1. A 5.001 installation can not be upgraded by a 5.033 ISR/QSR
2. A 5.033, if already installed, just needs a 5.033 ISR/QSR [no need for 5.033 Base]. However, if not installed, a 5.033 will first need the 5.033 Base to be installed, and then updated with the latest 5.033 ISR or QSR.

Capish ?

roli:
What's the exact meaning of ISR or QSR? I find their sizes are very large as the base. What's content in them?

You only need to install the latest Update of 5033. This update in cadence is a complete software.

NO,I cannot agree with you ! The update is not a complete version! The base is needed.

to flyinspace:

QSR - quaterly software rollup
ISR - interim software rollup

i don't know why these releases are so big, but these substitute a lot of packages.

greetings,
hqqh

If your company bought the C@dence's software, you would have upgrade servce.
They will give you a set of CD including Base. You'd better use this one, and download the most updated QSR/ISR.

I do not think you must have the base. cadence software is a complete package.

Again - the Cadence rule for same version "X.YZ" is:

You just need latest QSR or ISR or UPDATE for exisiting installation to be updated !
You need Base & latest QSR or ISR or UPDATE for new installation to be updated !

Cadence upgrade

u have to need the base version ! good luck!

Cadence upgrade

Thanks to all.
I am also clear about this issue

Status
Not open for further replies.