Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence IC 5.0 for Linux in 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

iop3001

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Cadence IC 5.0 for linux

Available on linux in 2003.

https://www.cadence.com/company/pr/061002_CICDAC2002.html

Cadence will demonstrate its new custom IC 5.0 software on the OpenAccess database at the Design Automation Conference (DAC) -- the industry's premier electronic design automation and silicon solution event. General release of 5.0 will be available in 3Q2002 on the Cadence custom IC database, with full application transparency on OpenAccess available by 1Q2003. The 5.0 release will also be available on Linux in early 2003.

ic 5.0

the cadence ic 5.0 bis out already, but we don't think the application is stable enough yet. it has toons of bugs.

this is the solarias version, i know cadence has been working arround the clock to get the port to linux, but for what i see is not there yet.

i talked to one of the developers, the code is ready but it will not be released to customers till the end of the year.

new cadence ic 5.0 also uses a new flex lm scheme.

In the Support section of Cadence, dated now, IC5.0 do not support Linux.

h**p://www.cadence.com/support/supported_hardware_platforms_matrix32.html

However, the link iop3001 stated do verified as quoted.

Well, we'll have to wait.......

linux

till the end of 2003, most cadence IC design parkages will support linux for 32bits pc

Status
Not open for further replies.