Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence fatal error: MN7. mosinsub: 'jsw' has the unusual value of 130 pA/m

Status
Not open for further replies.

macg84

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello at all,
When I run my DC simulation there is this error:
Notice from spectre in 'modn': 'MN7', during hierarchy flattering.
MN7. mosinsub: 'jsw' has the unusual value of 130 pA/m
MN1.min.......
The following branches form a loop of rigid branches (shorts) wher

How can i delete this error?

Thank you

jsw has the unusual value

macg84 said:
The following branches form a loop of rigid branches (shorts) wher
Thank you
You might have 2 zero-resistance sources in parallel: A stimulus and a (vdc) source ?

macg84

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
fatal error

Thank you erikl : )

rigid branches (shorts)

hi macg84,
how u resolved this problem ?bcz i also phasing this problem . in hierarchy to give the globle sources input i m using vdc in between vdd and ground . and gave the value to vdc to =5 volt . and the stimulus window i again givine the value to voltage source 5 volt . is this correct or not?
what is the meaning of "You might have 2 zero-resistance sources in parallel: A stimulus and a (vdc) source ?" i m not getting this. plz plz reply as soon as possible . thank you .

rigid loop in cadence

Hello,
Your procedure seems to me correct, to solve my problem I have decoupled the two branches of my circuit, but sincerely I did not understand clearly why I gave that bug. Be careful with the gnd of the circuit.I would help you more but i don't know...sorry

spectre rigid branches loop

purnima.somkuwar said:
... i m using vdc in between vdd and ground . and gave the value to vdc to =5 volt . and the stimulus window i again givine the value to voltage source 5 volt . is this correct or not?
Not. Only one of these two is necessary (and allowed).

purnima.somkuwar said:
what is the meaning of "You might have 2 zero-resistance sources in parallel: A stimulus and a (vdc) source ?".
Exactly what you have: 2 voltage sources (both with an output resistance of 0 Ohm) in parallel. This is not allowed. (Why? Because already a minimum potential difference - say 5.0000001 - 5.0000000 V - would produce a difference current of infinite value).

Just remove either the vdc source or the stimulus!
Cheers, erikl

macg84

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
following branches form a loop of rigid branches

hi friends,
i got this ,whenever we choosing vdc source we define value of it too ,so in the global source option we should not give the value of dc source . if we giving the value here too then this shows fatal .error

cadence rigid branches

I had 2 voltage sources (both with an output resistance of 0 Ohm) in parallel. This is not allowed. So i had to separate them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back