Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

cadence depending source parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

chippendale

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I want to chance the output voltage of of a ccvs depending on a current and depending on the voltage at another node. The transresistance of the ccvs is then somthing like v(node_x,0). I assume that this transresistance is only calculated at the beginning not during it. How can I set the ccvs that the transresistance is calculated consistently?

I'm sure that you can input a variable into the Transresistance field of the ccvs, something like (Vvariable/I(fix or variable)), e.g (V_SNS/Ix) or (V_SNS/1e-06). But I don't know if just the initial value or the instantaneous value of V_SNS will be considered. Just try it.

If you only want Vout = Iin * R and R=f(Vin), you could also run Iin through a resistor (analogLib res), whose Resistance field you fill with a similar variable as above. Vout is the voltage over this resistor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back