Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence corrupted database

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarin30

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone,

Following a network outage in my university which occurred when I was editing the layout view of my cell, the view is now corrupted. When I want to open it, Virtuoso shows the following error message:

*WARNING* (DB-270000): dbOpenCellViewByType: Corrupted database encountered: Unable to read feature data from design IC1/Full_chip_TEST_1_GND/layout. Invalid number of flag arrays encountered. Try oaScan to scan/repair the database, revert it to a backed up version, or recreate it.
*WARNING* (DEBASE-102084): Data trigger for viewType maskLayout failed.

After running an oaScan in my library, I get the following output:

Running: oaScan -lib IC1 -repair -fixWarnings
Started: Sun Mar 21 22:27:16 2021
Cellview IC1/Full_chip_TEST_1_GND/layout 'maskLayout':
- data model 2 saved by an app compiled against 22.60.027 running 22.60.028
Cellview IC1/Full_chip_TEST_1_GND/layout 'maskLayout':
ERROR: (OA-131): Corrupted database encountered: Unable to read feature data from design IC1/Full_chip_TEST_1_GND/layout. Detected an inconsistent TOC numUsed value for data 'feature': 0.
NOTE: 1 error encountered that prevents the repair of this database.
Cellview IC1/Full_chip_TEST_1_GND_2/layout 'maskLayout':
- data model 2 saved by an app compiled against 22.60.027 running 22.60.028
Cellview IC1/Full_chip_TEST_1_GND_2/layout 'maskLayout':
ERROR: (OA-131): Corrupted database encountered: Unable to read feature data from design IC1/Full_chip_TEST_1_GND_2/layout. Detected an inconsistent TOC numUsed value for data 'feature': 0.
NOTE: 1 error encountered that prevents the repair of this database.
No inconsistencies found in 241 databases
- repaired 0 of 139 designs
- repaired 0 of 102 DMDatas
Finished: oaScan
Time elapsed: 1.93 seconds
CPU Time: 1.06588 seconds

Does anyone know how to fix this?
I put 3 weeks of hard work into that circuit, it would really hurt me if that work was lost... Also, I am using a university license, so I would say that there is no customer support from Cadence.
I am using Virtuoso IC6.1.8-64b-500.9.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Does the university's computer center make backups? Perhaps they have an old version of your database in a backup somewhere?
Or perhaps a disk rescue utility can recover an old version of your database if you provide the operator with a specific name.
They may be reluctant to do you this favor, and you might offer to pay a fee to someone in a position to decide. What's this favor worth to you?

Or else...
Is your database in netlist format or similar?
Can you open the corrupted database yourself? In a text processor?

Can you compare it with any good database, to get an idea what makes the corrupted one different?

There's a chance you can correct the corrupted portion, or else delete it line by line, in hopes it leaves you with a portion that's usable.

Hello BradTheRad,

I tried to open the file with a text editor but the file was too large for the editor to handle it. The computer support group of my department have been able to provide me with a back up file from Friday, so that's excellent, I will only have to redo 2 days of work :)
Thanks for your reply!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back