Cadence Allegro Orcad PCB Editor: CLINE linked to a symbol. How Can I resolve this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

valeriogiampa

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody,
I am a Project with Schematic Entry in Cadence Allegro Design Entry HDL and a first generation of Layout designed with PCB Editor.
I have to update the layout with components that have a new footprint.
I have thought to make this board update with this simple flow:
1. Start Part Manager in the DE HDL;
2. Update the Istance of the component (select the new parts in the PTF);
3. Open the previous version of the board;
4. add the fix proprierty at all cline object of the board (to maintain all net routed);
5. close the previous board;
6. start the export Physical with the name of the previous version of the board in the input file board field;
7. Open the new file board generated to finish the design.
In this flow I have a Problem: Same updated components are not updated becouse the system see a fixed proprerty attacched it. If I open the board and select the component that have generated this error, I can see that when I select this component, I also select the net (cline object) and the via that in the previous board I have used to connect the signal at this pin.
In the attached file you can see it.
I'd like to know what is the problem and How Can I resolve it, becouse if I don't fix the cline object in this flow, all routed net are missed in the generated board file.
Thanks al lot.

valeriogiampa

Attachments

• CadenceProblems.bmp
    2.6 MB · Views: 97

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…