Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Cadence 6.15 installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

megaknaller

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi guys,

So I wanted to try Cadence at home on SL 6.7 and got this installation DVD which includes the folders/files

/iscape_logs
/kits
/patch
Hotfix_IC06.15.511-615_lnx86.sdp
ic_index.sdx

but no setup.sh file or something similar. So I went and downloaded the iscape tool IScape04.21-p004lnx86, from which I tried to install the DVD-Media by clicking on Local directory/Media Install. It recognized the DVD as an available installation media, but after clicking on "next" I end up with no options to install (no package available, see the screenshot)

Iscape.png

I cannot continue the installation because it simply says "There is no selected products..."

Can anyone please give some advice what is the problem here? Should I configure something extra or how should I proceed?

Thanks for the replies guys,

Peace,

MK

Hi,

Your DVD contains only the patch (hotfix).
First, you have to download (or whatever) the BASE_IC615 package, install it (with iscape).
Than you will be able to install hotfix.

Regards,
RG

The base folder is about 4.7 GB, I guess that should correspond somehow to the release size? Do you know if the folder should have a special name or if the installation should be performed in a specific directory so it can be recognized? If i select the hotfix folder and try to install with that the Iscape asks for the path to the Hotfix CDROM1, but it does not recognize the path I gave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back