Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C-to-FPGA Simulator: is Atmel AT90USB162-16MU Compatible with Impulse CoDeveloper

Status
Not open for further replies.

girlsrcute

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, I'm a noob to FPGA. I am interested in a small, cheap USB based FPGA by Atmel (model is AT90USB162-16MU). I want to use it to put a C based program on it, but I don't know if there is a simulator out there that supports this particular model or if it even needs to? I mean, I see in this simulator called "Impulse CoDeveloper," it says it can generate generic VHDL or generic Verilog. It also lists particular models for Altera and Xilinx.

So, I'm wondering if this simulator would create the code I need to program this particular FPGA?

Thanks!

Fpgas do not work with software. You need hardware description language. You described the circuit you want in the fpga. That might be a professor that you then run site your software on.

I don't know what impulse CO developer is. There are tools that are now claiming c to gates functionality, but I don't think they are widely used.

AT90USB162 is an USB enabled AVR microcontroller, not a FPGA. In so far it's surely not "compatible with Impulse CoDeveloper".

To understand the possible advantage of HDL code generator tools, you need to know the basics of HDL programming.

Status
Not open for further replies.