Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] C# handling files - What classes/methods to choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

atferrari

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am learning C# by myself with no previous experience other than Basic (yes, the old one) and Assembler for micros. Not conversant in C, C++ or Java either. So please don't refer to them like most tutorials do.

Since the initial application I have in mind is to be file-handling intensive I want this straight from the beginning. There are so many options for working with files (creating / erasing / seeking / appending / erasing / deleting / listing and the like) that I find the list of objects/classes/methods somewhat overwhelming.

I have the feeling that there is not a "one fits all" solution but I would like to avoid wasting time trying to learn every single way, to find later that it was not worth the pain.

Honestly, every time I try to adavance on the subject, something new shows up adding to my confusion which increases even more with someone else saying:"this is the right thing to do!".

As you could see I am asking for the criteria to follow, not code.

Just in case, please keep all referred to Console output/input. I will work out my way for a graphic interface at a later moment.

Help is needed and appreciated. Gracias.

Here is a really nice explanation of the methods you can use for file io and what application they are to be put to...

**broken link removed**

And to be totally honest the way C# works I wouldn't bother avoiding the gui simple buttons and text io areas are a straight forward to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back