Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C++ code for SPI communication between ATMega 644A & ATMega328

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javaid1

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to communicate these two micro controllers (ATMega 644A & ATMega328) vis SPI protocol.
My goal is to introduce a routine in the ATMega 644A (Master) so that it will know and can respond to the ATMega328 (Slave).
Can somebody help me with this !!!

Last edited:

What are you waiting for??

Go ahead do it..

Here's an example simulation of a similar project:

An appnote detailing such an implementation:

This application note describes how to setup and use the on-chip Serial Peripheral
Interface (SPI) of the AVR micro-controller. Most AVR devices come with an on board
SPI and can be configured according to this document. After a theoretical background
it will be shown how to configure the SPI to run in both master mode and slave mode

**broken link removed**

The Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) allows high-speed synchronous data transfer between an AVR device and peripheral devices or between several AVR devices. The strength of the SPI bus includes ease of use, high communication speed and a vast amount of peripheral devices supporting it.

**broken link removed**

Hope the info helps in your endeavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.