Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

C.C (Constant Current) Mode of Power Supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazy8

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
what does C.C (Constant Current) mode of power supply means..when C.C mode is "ON"/Active, the power supply doesn't provide voltage any more as it stays on fixed voltage.
Can any one explain it clear.
Thanks

constant current power supply means that this supply will provide a constant current inspite of load variations. this is achieved by automatic adjusting the terminal voltage , so that the current flowing through the load becomes a constant value as R is constant for a particular load.

constant current power supply means that this supply will provide a constant current inspite of load variations. this is achieved by automatic adjusting the terminal voltage , so that the current flowing through the load becomes a constant value as R is constant for a particular load.

In my case I have connected 2 Power supplies in series (31V max of each) making 62V total Vin.
at some stage/some times while increasing the Vin after 31V, CC mode LED turns ON and Vin remains constant at 31Vin.The point 2 is marked in attached image whose CC LED turns ON.
PSU.jpg

are the two power supplies isolated with each other ?

Yes..I have connected in Independent mode.they work independently as separate units.therefore connected in series to increase the Vin to 62V..but why it shifts to CC mode, Its not clear to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.