Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Buy electronic components

Status
Not open for further replies.

eem2am

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, i am in UK,

I wish to buy components for home use......i cannot buy from RS as the courier has given up delivering to me as he cannot park easily outside our house

(at least thats why i assume they dont deliver to me anymore)

anyway, i need to buy IC's and RM14 gapped ferrite cores etc

IC's like LT6703 HV9910 etc

doea any reader know where else i can get these kind of parts.

Farnell often doesn't have all IC's available

I use digikey.com. They deliver quickly and I have never had a problem.

Hi

i just tried to register on the digikey website, and it gave me the following message....

"Digi-Key accounts are only available to qualified institutions and companies. "

so i guess they won't have little me?

They should. I have ordered from digi-key, mouser and newark.

eem2am said:
IC's like LT6703

So use the LTC1440

Code:
http://canada.newark.com/jsp/search/browse.jsp?N=500002+1001829&Ntk=gensearch_001&Ntt=LTC1440&Ntx=

There usually is a similar component available maxim also makes comparators like that.

eem2am said:
i just tried to register on the digikey website, and it gave me the following message....

I don't know what your doing at Digikey but you don't have to register. Registering just speeds up the process for future orders,by pre-filling info. I had no problems.

eem2am said:
i cannot buy from RS as the courier has given up delivering to me as he cannot park easily outside our house

That is absurd CALL AND COMPLAIN. The same courier will probably be delivering your order whether its from Digikey or farnell.

max0412 and rwiggins:

thankyou for replies, but are you ordering through a company?

..if so , then you will not have the problems i am having. -since companies are always treated respectfully by distributors and couriers.

Also, are you in the States?...as i believe the order process is better there than here for me in UK.

max0412:- Farnell courier is UPS and they are great but Farnell don't have the components i need. -especially gapped ferrite transformer cores.

I'm not going to complain any more....i cannot afford any more telephone calls to them.

i find after 4 weeks of me not receiving the order....RS finally concede and agree to send me the stuff by the Royal Mail Postal service....but thats four weeks waiting for me and i need parts quicker than that.

Added after 2 minutes:

by the way i have had this problem with the RS courier (DHL) wherever i have been living in UK..........both in London, Cambridge and another place.

I know DHL are fine when delivering to companies. (as opposed to residential customers)

Status
Not open for further replies.