Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] Burglar Alarm System using actuator

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhyWhy

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I doing a mini project which is burglar alarm system for house using sensor and actuator. But i having problem about the actuator type and the voltage need by actuator. I worry the circuit provide voltage just enough operate the alarm but insufficient for operate the actuator.

1) Any suggest about which actuator i need to use?

2) How much voltage need to operate the actuator ?

Reference Link:
https://www.electroschematics.com/2162/burglar-alarm-system/

Regards,
YY

do you mean the speaker aka loudspeaker? It says 8 ohms 1 Watt. Should be a bit loud. Try a 4 ohm 2 Watt speaker if you want more volume, but you would need a different transistor - the C337 would burn out.

Can speaker act as a actuator in my project? Mean my project sensor will be infrared sensor and actuator will be speaker ?

the diagram shows a speaker..............................what do you mean by actuator?!

hi kam,

Sorry i abit confuse about the actuator. For me speaker is not a actuator,because i'm thought the actuator is something like motor,solenoid. So speaker is count as actuator?
Thanks for help :)

Regards,
YY

hi kam,

Sorry i abit confuse about the actuator. For me speaker is not a actuator,because i'm thought the actuator is something like motor,solenoid. So speaker is count as actuator?
Thanks for help :)

Regards,
YY

What you mean with this "So speaker is count as actuator?" ?

Actuator
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Actuator

Best regards,
Peter

That's what an actuator is to me!

They came in all shapes and sizes, in all electrical requirements - what does your need ?

My project "A burglar alarm for a house" which require a sensor and actuator.

Sensor = infrared
Actuator = Speaker

Is this correct?

My project "A burglar alarm for a house" which require a sensor and actuator.

Sensor = infrared
Actuator = Speaker

Is this correct?

In post #2 you already get answer, also if you better look circuit you will see that you need speaker of 1W 8R.

Best regards,
Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.