Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

building own programmer for PIC18F4620

Status
Not open for further replies.

anujG

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic18f2620 programmer

hey..
i wanted to build a hardware programmer for the PIC18F series especially pic18f4620..
i dont want to write the software on my own though..
is there some site which has the programmer circuit diagram and the required software program ...
i do not want to buy any of those ready made kits/boards/etc...
i did make my own 89s51 programmer.. so iwanted to make one for PIC18F also...
any help/suggestions..

pic18f4620 programmer

Hi,

There are a lot of really great PIC programmers all over the Internet, and some of them are simple and may be built on the fly.

The ones I really like are:
https://www.olimex.com/dev/pic-pg1.html
**broken link removed**

Actually, I'm using PIC-PG1 to program the PIC18F2620.

About software programmers, I would like to suggest you WinPic800.

Best regards

programmer for pic18f4620

hi
Iwant to make my own PIC programmer but I want universal one by which I can program ful series.

regards

pic18f4620 program

Then build a PICkit2 or buy one, they're not that expensive. See my Junebug thread for more info.

program pic18f4620

hey rodriguez, thanks for linking me to the site..
but the site says:
"The supported devices depend on the current version of ICPROG software."

so i looked under the ICPROG software specifications and imagine my frustation when i couldnt find PIC18F4620 enlisted in there.

the PIC u use PIC18F2620 is a 28 pin version. while PIC18F4620 is a 40 pin version, so has more I/O ports.

i have considered most of my options for this project and have decided to stick with the PIC18F4620.. only problem is i am having a hard time finding a hardware/software programmer for it. any links/suggestions/help welcome.

by the way, can the pic-pgi ( the one u linked) program any flash pic given the appropiate software? i mean same hardware for all PICs?

how to program pic18f4620

The PICkit 2 supports the 18F4620 so does any ICD2, not too tough to hand wire a PK2.
**broken link removed**

pic programmer for pic18f2620

anujG said:
hey rodriguez, thanks for linking me to the site..
but the site says:
"The supported devices depend on the current version of ICPROG software."

so i looked under the ICPROG software specifications and imagine my frustation when i couldnt find PIC18F4620 enlisted in there.

the PIC u use PIC18F2620 is a 28 pin version. while PIC18F4620 is a 40 pin version, so has more I/O ports.

i have considered most of my options for this project and have decided to stick with the PIC18F4620.. only problem is i am having a hard time finding a hardware/software programmer for it. any links/suggestions/help welcome.

by the way, can the pic-pgi ( the one u linked) program any flash pic given the appropiate software? i mean same hardware for all PICs?

Hi,

If ICPROG can not program PIC18F4620, don't be afraid because I'm sure that Winpic800 can do the jog for you.

Download it (**broken link removed**) and check yourself in its list of supported devices. PIC18F4620 is there! By the way, I've been using PIC-PG1+Winpic800 to program my PIC18F2620 for a long time.

So, a good combination for you may be:
**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

PIC-PG1 can program only ICSP pic devices (all the 18F family is ICSP programmable), but PIC-PG2C may program PIC devices by booth methods (low voltage programming and ICSP programming).

Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.