Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Building Datalogger and sending data to an e-mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohamed Slama

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all

I want to build a data-logger to measure
1- volt
2- frequency

I can make the software that can measure the previous parameters but if i suppose to the data-logger will collect the readings in excel file or some file looks like excel along the day and send this file at the end of the day to my email how can i do this and what is preferred pic microcontroller that fit this purpose?

Thank you in advance

Hi,

i did something similar years ago with an AVR microcontroller (movement of a suspension bridge).
Nowadays i´d do this with an ARM (Raspberry, or similar).

I´d refer CSV format, maybe with compression.

Klaus

but Raspberry is more expensive than traditional microcontroller

in your system how to transfer .txt file to email

Hi,

but i think developing for raspberry is faster, and all the processing power, SRAM, FLASH, ethernet, USB and the whole LINUX makes it easier.

Developing a new system are additional xtra cost.
Besides of Raspberry there are a lot of other boards.

Klaus

So, if i want to develop with raspberry

what i have to know linux, c .. ?

and from what should i start?

Hello all

I want to build a data-logger to measure
1- volt
2- frequency

I can make the software that can measure the previous parameters but if i suppose to the data-logger will collect the readings in excel file or some file looks like excel along the day and send this file at the end of the day to my email how can i do this and what is preferred pic microcontroller that fit this purpose?

Thank you in advance
if you have WiFi in the area you could use a PIC24 with a RN171
https://www.microchip.com/wwwproducts/Devices.aspx?product=RN171

connect to the WiFi to send email

otherwise have a modem with a TCP/IP stack

So, how can i connect microcontroller with modem to transfer .txt file from SD-card of microcontroller to an email.

if there is useful links

So, how can i connect microcontroller with modem to transfer .txt file from SD-card of microcontroller to an email.

if there is useful links
you need a modem with a TCP/IP stack - do a search of the forum for SIM900

Status
Not open for further replies.