Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

buck converter using arduino control n mosfet

Status
Not open for further replies.

aspirecole

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mus.png

how should i drive this n mosfet with arduino pwm..is it hig side or low side?.. i wan to build a buck converter

You want to drive a PMOS if you are using the picture you have shown. You need a MOSFET driver to do a NMOS on the high side because you need a bootstrap to get a higher potential on the gate than what your Vin is. Make sure to have your Arduino isolated and protected because of the switching current of the MOSFETs.

You want to drive a PMOS if you are using the picture you have shown. You need a MOSFET driver to do a NMOS on the high side because you need a bootstrap to get a higher potential on the gate than what your Vin is. Make sure to have your Arduino isolated and protected because of the switching current of the MOSFETs.

if im using gate driver mcp1407 and drive the mosfet with 9V is it accpetable..or do you have any driver suggestion..

A standard lowside driver like MCP1407 can be used if Vin is in a suitable range (not above 12 - 15V) and the driver is supplied by Vin. Otherwise you need a level-shifting driver.

A standard lowside driver like MCP1407 can be used if Vin is in a suitable range (not above 12 - 15V) and the driver is supplied by Vin. Otherwise you need a level-shifting driver.
i think mcp1407 will not work as the input is 24.. im planning to use ir2117 with 9V Vcc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back