Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

breaking 8051 lock bits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

7rots51

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
at89c51 lock bit

Is it possible to break the lock bits of AT89c51 and copy the internal code?
(when 3 lock bits are locked)

regards

power glitch lock bits

Is there a way to find out the no. of lock bits ?

89c51 unlock fuse

Hi coolchip,

If you're concerned to 89C51:

The lock bits cannot be verified directly. Verification of the lock bits is
achieved by observing that their features are enabled.

Thus if lock bits LB1 and LB2 have not been
programmed, the programmed code data can be read back
via the address and data lines for verification.

If LB1 was programmed then MOVC instructions executed from external program memory are disabled from fetching code bytes from internal memory.

If both LB1 and LB2 have been programmed then the chip behaves as above, but verify is also disabled.

When all LB1, LB2 and LB3 are programmed, external execution is also disabled.

If you saw a nice programing software for 89C51 that shows the LB status, then I can tell you that the designer approach to perform that, it's trying all the combination above and displaying the results.
It's no hidden trick or special feature provided by manufacturer of the microcontroler in order to see directly the lock bits status.

For other microcontroller, look in their datasheet. I don't see any reason to hide the number of lock bits, as lons as it's a strong advertising for that product.

Regards,
Silvio

how to unlock at89c51

I do NOT think to able to break the lock bits of AT89c51 and copy the internal codd.
Pony

lockbits at89c2051

7rots51 said:
Is it possible to break the lock bits of AT89c51 and copy the internal code?

regards
I am trying t solve the problem , my Email is maisonx@algeriecom.com

contact me

best regards
cherig

8051 lock bit

HI 7rots51 wrote
REALLY THERE IS NO WAY TO BREAK THE LOCK BIT IN THIS UC
BUT I HEAR THAT THERE ARE SOME INDUSTRIAL MACHINE DO IT WITH COST OF 15,000$ MAYBE

how to unlock the 89c52 security bits

SARCO said:
HI 7rots51 wrote
REALLY THERE IS NO WAY TO BREAK THE LOCK BIT IN THIS UC
BUT I HEAR THAT THERE ARE SOME INDUSTRIAL MACHINE DO IT WITH COST OF 15,000$ MAYBE

Nobody said it's impossible. 7rots51 thinks about decent methods available for peoples like us.
The question is: it worths paying 15,000 just to break protection of wretched AT89C51 ? Would you do that ?

at89c2051 lock bits

Nearly timer , I listened AT89c51 which broke flash , is cack . I live in VietNam . my friend's teacher ask him " When use read 89c51 in mode 16bit ( the programmer support read 16 bit ) , the code is memory able read out " . My firend told me that . But I belived because that happen the Atmel will be close , the chair man of Atmel live by begging . hi hi.

unlock 89c51 method

it is impossible to break 89c51 lock bit
it all rumers

8051 lock bit

Hi

If you are going for paying 15000$ for breacking the lock bits.

I could do any application you need -which could be implemented on 89C51-
on 89C51 for 12000$.
:D

Just contact me

Salam
Hossam Alzomor

breaking copy protection in microcontrollers

read this thread:

hxxp://&highlight=

89c51 unlock bit

Hi

I tried a lot stuff long back, but UNSUCCESSFUL. I would be glad, if someone tries and succeeds

forum chip at89c51 unlock

devura said:
Hi

I tried a lot stuff long back, but UNSUCCESSFUL. I would be glad, if someone tries and succeeds

hxxp://&highlight=

I tried the method in the above url. It works!!
It will only do very old 8051. I was ALSO able to unlock an 89C51 (up to date code year 1999) using a power glitch method. It was very easy. How could atmel have made these ridiculous mistakes back then? Of course, they fixed the problems and my method does not work in year 1999 chips and newer.

Status
Not open for further replies.