Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

BPF configuration - how to calculate top c coupled filter

Status
Not open for further replies.

disisku_22

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
how to calculate top c coupled filter

Dear all,
Refer to the attached fig... I feel this is transformer coupled 545MHz BPF, can any one knows what type of configuration is this and how to Design/calculate the component values for attached filter or any Literature on this type of filter will helps lot.

thanks
roshni.

top c coupled

pls help me on this.....

Re: BPF configuration

disisku_22 said:
Dear all,
Refer to the attached fig... I feel this is transformer coupled 545MHz BPF, can any one knows what type of configuration is this and how to Design/calculate the component values for attached filter or any Literature on this type of filter will helps lot.
thanks
roshni.

I don´t think that the inductances are coupled to each other (no transformer).
Furtherone, I suppose that the filter function is established in conjunction with input/output resistances which are not shown. Have you information about input/output circuitry ?
Is the line shown in the upper part a power line ?

disisku_22

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

HI lvW,
i/p of BPF connected to transistor o/p and o/p of BPF connected to 50Ohm SMA connector. upper line is Vcc line and bottom line is Gnd. pls find the attached sch for further details(this is 514MHz PBF).

thanks
roshni

Dear
Abhishekabs, VSWR, biff44 , kspalla, vfone

I need your expertise to analyze this filter, any feed back... i simulated this ckt in MWO with the specified value, it is giving good attenuation in stop band then top C coupled band pass filter..

thanks
roshni

BPF configuration

I guess it is as oscillator design than BPF?

Guys what do you say?

disisku_22, please share the complete design.

yes, you are right this is oscillator design and the o/p of transistor is BPF and act as multiplier circuits(X3).
i guess this BPF configuration is equivalent ckt of transformer coupled design(ref attached fig) , i need help on calculating these components values.

thanks
roshni

thanks... simulation will give the results, but i am more enthusiastic on knowing the theoretical calculation.

any more suggestion......

thanks
roshni

Is that inductor to the 3 volt rail really only 1.5 nh? Sure it is not 1.5 uH?

yes, it is 1.5NH. but 0.5NH will also works fine.

roshni

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back