Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

boundaries conditions microstrip-fed antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitch81

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
I am working on a microstrip-fed antenna with CST software. I can not find the boundary conditions because the ground plane does not cover the entire substrate face! What are the settings I choose from the following figure?

for example if ground plane cover all underside of the substrate, i use Zmin (Et=0) and Zmax(open space). but in this case, what can i do?

please help me!

u should define the ground as infinite ground
your patch as perfect E
and a radiation box if this software is based on FEM,if it doesn't u don't need to determine a radiation box

hi there

you need to model the substrate ground plane. so you need to create a block for the ground plane and assign PEC or copper to this block

i hope this helps

regards

Hi,
I am not sure, if I understand exactly. But you need chose Open (add space) everywhere and ground plane is thin PEC block (or copper).

I hope, that is answer to your question

hi
bondaries conditions for back groung of my antenna! just back ground condition!

mitch81 said:
hi
bondaries conditions for back groung of my antenna! just back ground condition!

Open (add space) is correct

Status
Not open for further replies.