Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Boosting Current without decreasing Voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

pappu_sam

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

I have 5V 500mA input.
I want above 1.5A current and voltage of 5V at output.

please suggest any power source / regulator to gain the above specifications.

Thanks & Regards
Sampath

Your previous posts suggests a certain knowledge about electrical circuits. So you already know, that you can't get out more (average) power of a circuit than putting in (also called law of energy conservation)

There may be options to increase peak output versus average input power by using capacitors or rechargable batteries. But the question doesn't specify anything in this regard. Please clarify.

I don't think you can, but if you need a momentary boost you may think of a rechargeable battery and couple of transistors to your circuit.

- - - Updated - - -

Also let's hope that you didn't write your question properly and saying that your embedded system IO pins gives 500mA and you want 1.5A.
In this case you use this 500mA as a signal to a transistor's Bios, and let the transistor switch a higher current from an external source (Collector) towards your load (Emitter).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back