Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Boost converter VOltage out dropping slowly

Status
Not open for further replies.

nafnaf

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i make a boost converter 500hz 15 to 30v but as i simulate it the output voltage drops slowly kkkkkk.JPG
why my voltage drops slowly in out instead of constant 30v
thanks

Circuit diagram of your converter will be required to debug the issue

On power-up, it is typical for the output to overshoot your designed volt level.

Also for it to wander up and down for a few cycles. This is due to LC resonant action of the coil and capacitor.

Simulation with scope traces. Values were chosen to boost 15V to 30V at 1 A, and an operating frequency of 500 Hz.

What you see in the waveform is the initial transient response, caused by charging the output capacitor through the boost inductor. There's no controlled boost operation involved so far.

To prevent this transient, which can cause unwanted overvoltage at the output, you can use a bypass diode from input to output.

Reactions: tpetar

tpetar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
i simulate it in simetrix this eeee.JPG why is that it suddenly stops in 1 sec not in my 5 secs selected time

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.