Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Boost Converter Pspive Help , Urgent !

Status
Not open for further replies.

alianaslan

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Boost Converter using Pspice Help , Urgent !

Hi

i am doing a project on PSpice and i have to make the output voltage equal to 12 Volts. i can change the duty cycle and change the inductor value between 0 and 1 mH What am i doing wrong? please help me with this one , here is the circuit schematic and the output voltage

devre.jpg

output voltage

aa.jpg

Thanks for reading the Post !

Re: Boost Converter using Pspice Help , Urgent !

You can change the duty cycle as Vo= Vin/(1-D) where D is the duty cycle
L can be find out by equation L= Vin * D/(dI*F) dI - ripple you are considering for current through inductor.

40MHz seems an optimistic frequency for the circuit. Try something lower like 40kHz.

Keith

Reactions: tpetar

tpetar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Boost Converter using Pspice Help , Urgent !

You can change the duty cycle as Vo= Vin/(1-D) where D is the duty cycle
L can be find out by equation L= Vin * D/(dI*F) dI - ripple you are considering for current through inductor.

thanks , by that formula duty cycle value is 0.58 but how can i make Vo equal to 12 V ? it is still around 4 V

- - - Updated - - -

40MHz seems an optimistic frequency for the circuit. Try something lower like 40kHz.

Keith

Thanks !

it should have been 40k Hz but ,but it didnt help me getting 12V output . what can you say about that?

Use a higher gate drive - you are using 2V but the Vt of the MOSFET you are using is 1V-3V.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.