Status
Not open for further replies.

alianaslan

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Boost Converter using Pspice Help , Urgent !

Hi

i am doing a project on PSpice and i have to make the output voltage equal to 12 Volts. i can change the duty cycle and change the inductor value between 0 and 1 mH What am i doing wrong? please help me with this one , here is the circuit schematic and the output voltage

output voltage

Thanks for reading the Post !

Re: Boost Converter using Pspice Help , Urgent !

You can change the duty cycle as Vo= Vin/(1-D) where D is the duty cycle
L can be find out by equation L= Vin * D/(dI*F) dI - ripple you are considering for current through inductor.

40MHz seems an optimistic frequency for the circuit. Try something lower like 40kHz.

Keith

Reactions: tpetar

tpetar

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: Boost Converter using Pspice Help , Urgent !

You can change the duty cycle as Vo= Vin/(1-D) where D is the duty cycle
L can be find out by equation L= Vin * D/(dI*F) dI - ripple you are considering for current through inductor.

thanks , by that formula duty cycle value is 0.58 but how can i make Vo equal to 12 V ? it is still around 4 V

- - - Updated - - -

40MHz seems an optimistic frequency for the circuit. Try something lower like 40kHz.

Keith

Thanks !

it should have been 40k Hz but ,but it didnt help me getting 12V output . what can you say about that?

Use a higher gate drive - you are using 2V but the Vt of the MOSFET you are using is 1V-3V.

Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.