Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.
* It means you must use a coil which can carry higher current surges without saturating.
* The supply must be able to provide greater instantaneous current pulses.
* The smoothing capacitor(s) needs to have a lower ESR.
* The switching device must be capable of a lower On-resistance.
* The coil is more likely to broadcast EM interference.
* The greater the current in DCM, the more stress on components.