Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

bluetooth module with microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

harshanaj

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
bluetooth module microcontroller mobile phone

hey,im IT students and i need some help for interfacing bluetooth module with microcontroller. i need a vehicle identification system... so i need a bluetooth transmitter module for vehicle that transmit unique ID.. i can receive that using mobile phone.. so can anyone help me, how to build vehicle module using bluetooth dongle and microcontroller... thanks!!

bluetooth module for microcontroller

You need a bluetooth to RS232 dongle, the USB ones won't work with microcontrollers.

Hello!
I'm in my final year of EE and my final year project is about creating a Bluetooth based Navigation System.
I think explaining the complete working of my project will be unnecessary here so i'll get right down to the point.
I need to interface the microcontroller with a bluetooth IC i found on the Internet. It has the ability to communicate via UART with the microcontroller. Its called the EB301 available on www.a7eng.com. I need to know that in my coding on the microcontroller, do i have to cater for the bluetooth stack or the protocol or anything regarding bluetooth? Or do i just transfer the data serially to the designated pin of this IC?
Please reply as I might have to start reading about the details of bluetooth to write any such code...

Thanking in anticipation...

Re: bluetooth module for microcontroller

blueroomelectronics said:
You need a bluetooth to RS232 dongle, the USB ones won't work with microcontrollers.

I think it is possible,But u need a microcontroller with USB host support(+ driver of your Bluetooth)

I actually use a Bluetooth dongle with antenna BLUEMORE200 from Eikon www.eikonsite.it that's a class 1. It's easy to use and you can setup it by AT commands at startup.
This is class1, but they have also class 2.

I suggest to use embedded modules since otherwyse is really a pain to embed the complex Bluetooth stack on your micro

Hope this helps!
Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.